Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sephora + Pantone Universe The Face: Radiant Femme Artistry Set

Radiant Orchid: The 2014 Color of the Year!!!!!

As most makeup lovers know, last week Sephora ran their Spring Sale where Beauty Insiders received 15% off any item. So I took this opportunity to try out some of the limited-edition products Sephora released for the 2014 color of the year. 

I was most eager to try out the Radiant Rush Matte Lipstick which was sold out online, so my next option to get the lipstick was the Radiant Femme Artistry Set retailed at $75.00. 


The first item I tried out was the nail polish. It looked different in person than it did online. I was disappointed to find that it looked worse as I applied it on. The quality was equivalent to what you would purchase at a drugstore, not a high-end beauty retailer. I put on 3 coats and this was the outcome-

Not terrible, but not what I was expecting. The color barely resembles the "radiant orchid" I was anticipating. 

Next was the main item I was excited to try; the matte lipstick. I was worried the color wouldn't look right on me, or that it would be too bright. To my surprise I was pleased with the outcome-

I only dabbed on a light coat to play around with.  I feel that with this shade you don't need to pack on too much color (depending on the look you are going for). The shade may appear pinker than orchid, but up close it's a good blend between pink and purple. 

I haven't tried out the other items in the set yet, but once I do I will post an update! 

This post was short and sweet just to give a summary on the products tried thus far. As I mentioned in my last post I have little experience with makeup. This is me on a whim trying to gain knowledge and insight on all things beauty!

Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment